Lunes, Agosto 12, 2019

In Pursuit of Happiness


If I were to ask you: WHAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY? What's the first thing that comes to your mind? Is it money? Fashion? Makeup? Love? To be honest before July 2019, I don't have any passion or inspiration besides my family which is my main #SupportSystem A good friend of mine asked me "Pano ka maging masaya?" and it hit me hard. Not because the question is hard, but because I don’t know the answer. Life is full of surprises. I don’t know what’s happening now then what’s gonna happen next. It’s a roller coaster ride indeed. 

Back to the question. What makes Patricia happy? The answer is not simple. It’s actually complicated and hard. 

I’ve contemplated and think about this a lot since I’ve figured it out. I know there are times that I may have been complacent and “pa-easy easy lang”. Pero this time, I know I'm sure.

Since I was a little girl, I’ve always wanted playing games. Anything plastic, I enjoy playing it. LOL Anyways, I won’t forget this one time. My mom and I went to a clinic for a checkup. The doctor was so nice and has this charisma na hindi ka matatakot. He’s able to explain everything well and as a 7 or 8 year old, I was able to understand it. (He’s cool) I was on the top of the class, so my mom (since I was sick) bought me my favorite sombos and sylvannas from Brownies Unlimited.


Another thing, since my mom pity me….. She asked me “Ano ba gusto mo anak?” I was skeptical to ask her since I thought, “Pwede bang bilhin yun ng ordinary na tao?” I told her “Yung sa doctor ma.” I’m pertaining to the Prescription pad. (I love drawing when I was a kid and I always like teacher teacheran.) My mom said, “Ilan gusto mo?” “Dalawa.” And she said, “Naku anak mahal yun.” My mom is frugal. The reward she’ll give me if I do good in school is Yum burger. If my papa have OT that week, it’s with chicken joy. That made me happy. It’s simple yet I know that my parents worked hard for it. 

Going back to the gift…. My mom went to the palengke to buy this week’s fudang sa house. She said “Nasan si Pat?” I didn’t look since I know she’ll look for me anyway. LOL!
“Okay na ba pakiramdam mo?” Then I nodded. My mom showed me what she bought. Before I let you know, this is what I’m thinking before I peek. “Ilan kaya binili ni mama? 2 kaya? Or baka tatlo? Baka hiningi nya sa doktor. Ilan kaya magiging pasyente ko?” If you’re inside my head that time….



My mom showed me not the one that I want, but a set of toys for little aspiring doctors. It has this plastic spleen, a syringe, and most of all a stethoscope. Very funny because I cried. It’s not what I want mom! Hahahahah! Anyways, I played with it, I even pretended I was the patient. So 2 in 1 sya. HAHAHA!!! That moment I realized, this is fun.


I guess you'd know what this is all about. :)

Currently, I'm working for the world's largest search engine. I won't say the name cause we're not allowed. HAHAHA! Anyways, most people would tell me, why try to give up? It's a pretty decent job with tons of benefits and hefty paycheck. People who knows my plan (Except my family) would tell me "Are you nuts?" Why'd you exchange something awesome and probably a better career than this trail of weird path that probably hard, costs a lot of money and would probably take forever before I can have a paycheck.

My family knows what I like. They knows if it BS and would stop me right away. This time, the only question they asked is: "Kaya mo ba?"

Before I said my goal to them, I prayed and had my devotional prayer for 1 week. I always pray to the Lord and let me tell you, this time it's different. It's as if my prayer has been answered already.


I want to pursue Medicine.

My dad is the hardest person to persuade in my family. That's why I told him first. Kumbaga, yung pinaka mahirap na muna. HAHAHAH!

I told him what I want and told him how I could reach it. he said, basta kaya mo anak. sige, alam mo naman di ka namin matutulungan financially. I wanna scream. I wanna say "YES!" Finally! I told my sister next and eventually everybody know it except my mom. She wants me to become a doctor too but she knows that I'm not fit for it. I told her and she said "Matagal yan masyado at maganda naman na yang trabaho mo. Wag mo ng asamin anak." I got hurt. Hehehehe although I know I will pursue this anyway. Road to MD na ituuu!!
I will make this blog my online diary. I will make sure to update this with every journey that i'll take for this dream to come true.


Xo's







Patcy!~ M.D. Soon
post signature

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento